By Emily Portocarerro, New Home Marketing Manager for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty
A few members of the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty® team recently returned from the Shore Consulting 2013 Sales Leadership Summit held at the Driskill Hotel in Austin, Texas. To summarize the Summit in one word: Amazing. Jeff Shore’s inspirational leadership and motivational team spoke to a crowd of approximately 150 sales and marketing leaders from home building companies across the country.
The Summit opened with Jeff’s take on “The Inspirational Leader.” Focusing on how to simplify our lives in order to grow is fitting given the positive growth the new home market is experiencing. A few takeaways from the Summit:
- Purpose without action results in nothing. A very simple reminder for our daily lives.
- Create success in your organization through an engaged team. Consider a rallying cry that your employees can get behind and one that they will shout to the world. We personally loved the rallying cry used by Jeff and his team: “Go change the world… at least your little corner of it.”
- Reframe the reflex response. Ryan Taft, a Shore Consulting Certified Trainer, demonstrated through Tae Kwon Do that if your sales people are attacking the customer, the customer will very quickly and very naturally put up their guard.
- 20% of all buyers prefer to purchase new construction. We learned from Tim Costello, CEO of BDX, that it’s time to stop selling against each other and leading with weakness. Shift your paradigm and focus on the positive experience of the buyer, not the features of your product.
- Check out the “Buy New. Start Fresh.” campaign by BDX. It may change your world… at least your little corner of it.
Overall, the Shore Consulting team put on an engaging and meaningful sales leadership summit. Their experience in new home sales transfers to their passion for the industry and helping builders find growth within a builder’s sales and marketing leadership team.
2-10 Home Buyers Warranty was proud to be a supporting partner of the 2013 Sales Leadership Summit. Check out some photos from the 2-10 HBW-sponsored banquet held Thursday, August 15.
Leave a Reply